1. All Spirit Health Club members ("Members"), guests, children and hotel residents (together "you" or "Club Users") of a Spirit Health Club in operation in the UK (a "Club") must comply with these Rules. In these Rules, "Spirit", "us", "we" or "our" means Spirit Health Club.
2. These Rules are incorporated into a Member's Contract with us, and compliance with these Rules is important both to maintain the standards at our Clubs and to enable Club Users to get full enjoyment from their Membership and/or visit. Any person who does not comply with these Rules may be ejected from, or denied access to a Club, or may have their Membership terminated by us (if applicable) if the non-compliance is serious. Each of our Clubs also has their own operational rules (on display in various parts of the Club) which you must also comply with. We reserve the right to make reasonable amendments to these Rules, or our individual Club operational rules, at any time. If we do this, we will give Club Users reasonable advance notice by placing the new Rules on a notice board at each Club. All Club Users must adhere fully to the Rules and we thank you in advance for you co-operation.
3. Opening times for a Club will be prominently displayed at each Club.
4. You are respectfully requested to leave the fitness room and pool with sufficient time to enable you to use the showering and changing facilities if desired, and to leave the Club premises punctually at the time of closing. All Club facilities will close at the advertised closing time with the exception of any private functions. Final entry to the Club is 45 minutes prior to closing.
5. You may not bring pets (other than guide dogs) onto the Club premises.
6. You must not take any photography or movie shots in any Club (including, but not limited to, by use of a camera on a mobile phone or PDA).
7. We reserve the right to show potential Members and other individuals the facilities of a Club on a trial basis.
8. All Club Users must sign that they have read and understood the Health Commitment Statement before using any of the Club facilities.
9. If you feel unwell at anytime whilst in the Club you must cease the activity immediately and inform a member of staff.
10. Booking is essential for certain facilities and activities at the Club especially the Studio classes, and Beauty Treatment Rooms. Please ask in your Club for details and refer to the relevant sections of the Rules below.
11. Cancellation of bookings is permitted with at least 24 hours notice (except for beauty treatments where a minimum of 48 hours notice of cancellation is required); inside this time a cancellation fee may be charged.
12. Suitable and appropriate clothing & footwear must be worn whilst in the Club for the activity which you are planning to undertake. If you are unsure as to the suitability or requirement of a particular item then please ask a member of staff. No outdoor footwear is to be worn on poolside. The Club manager may, at his/her discretion, require you to leave a Club premises or part of Club premises, if your attire is not considered suitable.
13. Please remove all jewellery which is liable to cause injury or harm due to entrapment.
14. The Club takes no responsibility for any lost property items and after thirty (30) days any uncollected items will be disposed of.
15. The proprietors of the Club and Spirit will not be liable for any injury to or the death of any person (except where such death or injury caused by the proprietors' and/or Spirit's negligence or that of their employees) or loss of or damage to property howsoever caused arising in connection with the existence, condition or use of the Club facilities by Club Users.
16. In an emergency, please contact the nearest member of staff, or use the alarms or emergency telephones located around the Club.
17. Spirit members are eligible to receive member benefits such as discounts on beauty treatments, use of other Spirit clubs and discounts on sports retail items for example. Please refer to the member benefits terms & conditions detailed on the Spirit website: spirithealthclubs.co.uk/benefits
18. A Membership Card will be issued to each Member when they join a Club.
19. Each Member must have his/her card swiped for security and verification on each visit to a Club before proceeding into the Club. Any Member attending a Club without a valid Membership Card may be asked for proof of identification.
20. A Member must not lend his Membership Card to anyone else as Membership is personal and covers only the Member's use of a Club.
21. On termination of Membership, for any reason, the Member is required to surrender his Membership Card to their home Club.
22. Where Spirit Health Clubs terminates a Member's Membership, this will make the Member ineligible for Membership at all Spirit Health Clubs. For this purpose, Spirit will communicate such Member's personal data, and reason for termination, to other Clubs as may be necessary to administer this rule 21.
BEHAVIOUR & DRESS
23. You should conduct yourself in a quiet and well-mannered fashion when in or about a Club, and in a manner that will not disturb or impair the use and enjoyment of that Club by any other person. In particular you may not use foul, loud, or abusive language, nor will you behave in a threatening manner, nor will you molest, or harass, other Club Users or members of staff. You may not bring, use, or be under the influence of illegal drugs in any part of a Club. You may not bring any intoxicating liquor into a Club or be drunk in a Club.
24. We may, entirely at our discretion, terminate your Spirit Membership (if applicable) and may refuse you entry into a Club, or eject you from a Club, if you commit a serious or repeated breach of these Rules, your Membership contract (if applicable), or if you engage in any other serious misconduct.
25. Club Users and members of staff should at all times display mutual respect for each other.
26. Complaints should be communicated privately to a member of the relevant Club's management, or in writing through the suggestion/comments boxes provided in the Club, or by post to the Club manager.
27. Smoking is prohibited in all areas of a Club.
GUESTS AND VISITORS
28. Members (over the age of 16) may bring guests to a Club upon payment of: (a) the guest fee, as set out in the relevant Club price list current at the time of the guest's visit charged by the Club; and (b) signing the guest & residents registration form which includes the Health Commitment Statement, by the guest.
29. Members must accompany their guest at all times, and the Member who brings the guest remains responsible for their guest's conduct whilst they are in a Club. The Member may not leave that Club prior to their guest's departure.
30. Certain former Members, persons who have applied for Memberships but have been rejected, and former members of staff, may be ineligible to be a Member, or guest, of a Club. If in doubt, the Member should check with a Club's management for advice.
31. A Member who has suspended his/her Membership will not be allowed access to any Club (including as a guest).
32. Members must ensure their guests pay the appropriate guest fee, or surrender a valid guest pass (if applicable) before accompanying them into a Club.
33. Members must ensure that their guests comply with these Rules.
34. A person may be allowed to enter as a visitor to a Club by prior arrangement or appointment, subject to Spirit Health Clubs absolute discretion - and may be required to pay the guest fee (as set out in the relevant Club price list, current at the time of visit). At all times, visitors must complete the guest and residents signing in form which includes the Health Commitment Statement.
35. Children aged under the age of 5 may not use the spa, sauna or steam room facilities.
36. All children under the age of 16 must be under direct adult supervision at all times.
37. The Club's proprietors, Spirit Health and their employees cannot be held responsible for the safety of children at the Club under any circumstances.
38. Adult to child supervisory ratios for using the swimming pool apply. Please see 'Swimming Pool' section of these Rules for details.
39. Child Members may only be brought into a Club if accompanied by their parent, legal guardian, or any other person who has been registered with us as someone who may bring the Child Member into the Club and take responsibility for them.
40. Children under the age of 8 may change in either sex changing room, under supervision, and in designated areas only. Child Members aged 8-15 years must change, under supervision, in the changing room of their own sex.
41. All used towels are to be placed in the towel bin provided prior to departure from the Club.
42. Private changing cubicles may be provided for changing purposes only and you should not leave your valuables in there during your visit.
43. Lockers are made available subject to availability. Most Spirit lockers require a £1 refundable deposit to operate. Spirit does not undertake that use of a locker will guarantee that no theft of or damage to your property will occur. All items left in changing rooms and lockers are left entirely at the owner's risk. You should check that your household contents or other insurance policy protects you against any risk of theft.
44. Lockers may only be used for the purposes of keeping gym kit, toiletries, valuables and the clothing that you were wearing when you came to a Club. The keeping of any other items in a Club's lockers is prohibited. If Spirit Health Clubs has reasonable grounds to suspect that a locker is being used in breach of this rule 44, we reserve the right to open the locker in question (by force if necessary) and remove any offending items.
45. All Lockers will be emptied at the end of each day. Your belongings, so removed, will be available for collection from the relevant Club's Reception for a period of thirty (30) days. If you do not collect your belongings within thirty (30) days, your belongings may be donated to charity or disposed of.
46. Lockers and locker keys remain the property of a Club and locker keys must not be taken from that Club's premises at any time.
47. Shaving must be restricted to the vanity areas only and is not permitted at any time in the showers, steam rooms or saunas.
48. Only one individual is permitted in a shower cubicle at any one time (with the exception of a parent or guardian who may take his/her own child aged up to 8 years into a shower cubicle with him/her).
49. You must complete a Health Commitment Statement before using any fitness facilities.
50. You should seek instruction before using unfamiliar equipment.
51. Appropriate clean exercise clothing and shoes must be worn whilst exercising.
52. At times of high usage we would ask that you respect your fellow users and limit your time on the equipment to a 15 minutes maximum.
53. You must wipe down gymnasium equipment after use.
54. You must arrive at the gymnasium five (5) minutes prior to any personal training or induction appointments. We reserve the right to refuse to re-book an appointment for you if you repeatedly cancel (with less than 24 hours notice) or fail to keep an appointment for services and/or exercise programmes.
55. You may not use the fitness room while under the influence of alcohol, anticoagulants, antihistamines, beta-blockers, narcotics, tranquilizers or any medication or other substance which may affect your ability to exercise safely.
56. All fitness room users must be 16 years of age or over.
57. Classes are subject to availability and you must pre-book classes at your home Club.
58. Class timetables and instructors are subject to change from time to time without notice.
59. Advertised class times include the time required for setting up and dismantling of equipment.
60. You are requested not to open the doors while a class is in progress, as this may interfere with the operation of the air-conditioning system and disrupt other participants.
61. In order to avoid disturbing classes, you must to arrive in good time. Entrance to classes will be barred to anyone arriving more than five (5) minutes late.
62. Where, in the opinion of an instructor, a class is overcrowded, the instructor may restrict the number of attendees in the class.
63. An instructor may, at any time, ask you to leave a class if you are jeopardising the safety or enjoyment of others.
64. All exercise studio users must be 16 years of age or over.
65. For reasons of health and hygiene you must always shower before entering the swimming pool, especially after using the sauna or steam room.
66. There is to be no food consumed in the pool hall at any time. The consumption of non-alcoholic beverages is permitted, but on no account must any glass, metal or ceramic containers be used in the pool hall.
67. Each Club's management reserves the right, at its absolute discretion, to limit you to 20 minutes in the swimming pool if it is busy. Access to the pool will be restricted if the maximum bather load is reached.
68. You must: (a) wear long hair tied up, or in a swimming cap whilst in the swimming pool; (b) not run around, jump or dive into the swimming pool; (c) comply with any swimming direction posted in the swimming pool area; (d) wear conventional swimming costumes only; (d) not wear outdoor shoes on poolside; (e) not use mobile phones on poolside.
69. No balls, floats, inflatables, snorkels, fins (flippers) are permitted in the swimming pool area other than those provided by a Club. Buoyancy aids are permitted.
70. The swimming pool areas may from time to time be reserved for adults only, swimmers only, or swimming lessons.
71. The pool may have lanes to indicate an adult only swimming lane. All children must remain on the other side of the rope.
72. Children who are not yet toilet trained must wear an appropriate swim nappy.
73. We operate strict adult-to-child supervisory ratios where by one adult can supervise / safeguard: One child aged 0 - 3yrs (when in the water with the child) Two Children aged 4 - 7 yrs (when in the water with both children) Three children aged 8 - 16yrs (may be on poolside)
74. Adults are responsible for the active and constant supervision of their children while they are in or around any depth of pool water.
SAUNA, STEAM ROOM AND SPA POOL
75. Children aged under the age of 5 may not use the sauna, steam room or spa pool facilities.
76. Always shower before entering and after leaving the sauna, steam room or spa pool.
77. You may not use the saunas, steam rooms or spa pool while under the influence of alcohol, anticoagulants, antihistamines, beta-blockers, narcotics, or tranquillisers. If you have high or low blood pressure, heart disease, cardiac irregularities, asthma and/or diabetes, have a skin disorder or if you are pregnant you should consult your doctor prior to using our Club facilities. Do not use the facilities if you are undergoing medical attention without prior consent of your doctor.
78. If you are unwell at any time, leave the facilities immediately and contact a member of staff.
79. Users of the saunas, steam rooms and spa pools do so entirely at their own risk.
80. Heads should never be submerged in the spa pool.
81. You should use the steam room, sauna, and spa pool (where applicable) in moderation.
82. When using the unisex or poolside steam room and/or sauna, you are requested to wear swimming attire.
83. Please respect your fellow Club Users and if available only douse the sauna coals with an appropriate amount of water. Water must not be used on saunas which have a hidden heater, if in doubt please check with the Club management.
84. Flammable or combustible materials should not be left in the sauna e.g. Newspapers, Magazines, and Swimming Costumes. Do not dry clothing or towels in the sauna; this constitutes a serious fire hazard.
85. The use of oils or essences is not permitted in the sauna, steam room or spa pools.
86. When using the sauna, steam room or spa pool we recommend you limit your time to a 10 minute session then cool off by resting or with a cool shower.
87. No jumping or diving in to the spa pool.
88. Most Spirit spas are on an automatic timer, some may be operated by a stop / start button. Ask in Club for details.
89. The Club will restrict access to the facility if the maximum capacity is reached.
BEAUTY TREATMENT ROOMS
90. Please arrive at least 10 minutes prior to your appointment.
91. All beauty treatment booking are subject to availability.
92. A minimum of 48 hours notice is required to cancel and re-schedule your appointment. Inside 48 hours a 50% cancellation fee will be charged. Inside 24 hours a 100% cancellation fee will be charged.
93. All allergic conditions or reactions should be made aware to the therapist prior to the commencement of your chosen treatment.
94. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have taken adequate medical precautions before using facilities.
HEALTH & SAFETY
95. You must use the main entrance to a Club when entering or leaving that Club.
96. Fire exits, which are clearly marked, are there in the interests of safety and you must not interfere with fire doors for any reason.
97. You must read the health & safety notices posted outside any equipment or facility rooms in a Club and comply with their recommendations.
98. In an emergency, please contact the nearest member of staff, use the alarm or emergency telephone.